GP Accelerator 2.0: An Open Innovation Platform
P Accelerator 2.0, also known as GPA in short, is an innovation platform for the new, young entrepreneurs. Realizing the importance of startups, the most popular mobile operator in Bangladesh, Grameenphone has started this program. It creates opportunities for a startup for attaining a renowned position.
The sponsor of this excellent program is Seedstars and previously, SD Asia. A young group of entrepreneurs, following instructions of a mentor, get a curriculum for a certain period and showcase their innovative ideas throughout the program.
Mostly, this program is known for offering great guidelines to entrepreneurs. The GP Accelerator was founded in 2015. From then, every year 10-12 teams get selected for participating in the program and get training for four months. This program highly supports homegrown technological startups.
This accelerator helps tech startups to empower and grow. It also helps the entrepreneurs in many ways, as they can have validated their ideas, build prototypes, investor access, and many more.
They have equity-free grants and have experiences to work with expert mentors. The mentor of the program makes them understand how their ideas will be investable.
Many startups have graduated through the GP Accelerator Program. Of them, some names should be mentioned as successful graduates like Repto, Sheba.XYZ, AlterYouth, BankcompareBD, Cramstack, CMED Health, etc.
Rules of GP Accelerator Program
The GP Accelerator program has certain rules for the applicants-
- The applicant should have a solid working team
- Founder’s age should be 18 years or above than that
- The participants have to be courageous enough to take their startups to a new level.
- The startups should be Technology Startups and they have to be in early stages
- The applicants should be two full-time co-founders
- Applicant’s gender isn’t a fact, it can be any gender. But the applicant must articulate his/her education level and nationality.
Benefits of Participation
From this program, participants are benefitted in many ways. Like –
- Participants get $5000 equity-free grant funding
- Their companies become investable from MVP (Minimum Viable Product)
- They can get suggestions from local, international, and GP expert mentors.
- They get a top-notch curriculum
- They have full-time support from “Entrepreneur in Residence”
- Their co-working space is GP House
- They get exposures in local and international media
- They get access to local and international investors and GP digital distribution channels
- They get opportunities to have a partnership with GP or Telenor Group
Grameenphone has another part of this program named “Pre-Accelerator Program”. In this program, approximately 25 teams take part. The duration of this special program is two months.
For the applicants of this program, Grameenphone has some rules –
- The applicant’s age should be 18 years or above than that
- Related Technology startup of the applicant has to be in early-stage
- The applicant must have validated the idea with a unique proposition
- If the applicant is a founder then he/she must have a solid team
- The applicant can be of any gender, but he/she must submit proofs about nationality and education level
- Applicant should be courageous enough to showcase his/her idea properly and take that to the next level
The participants will receive benefits in the Bootcamp like turning their ideas into MVP, which will go to the market next. And they will work in GP House under the expert mentors.
Tarannum Jahan Tanha
Subscribe for newsletter
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!
Google is Giving free Classes for Women Entrepreneurs
With an aim to help women to find a better job, make advance their career growth, and to grow their…
SAU On Campus Hult Prize 2021 Final Round Will Be Held Tomorrow
Sylhet Agricultural University is in the running for the Hult prize competition 2021. SAU On Campus Hult Prize 2021 final…
Digital World 2020: Only 1 Day Left for Registration!
T he seventh edition of the three-day digital world from December 9 to 11 is going to organize by the…
Two Global Tech Giant Google and Amazon Register for Business in Bangladesh
Two Global tech giant Google and e-commerce company Amazon have filed for Business Identification Numbers (BIN) in Bangladesh for the…
Amazon Buys MGM for $8.45 Billion
The e-commerce giant Amazon’s biggest entertainment acquisition will be Metro Goldwyn Myer(MGM). Jeff Bezos’s Amazon buys MGM for $8.45 billion,…
Zeta Becomes a Unicorn with $250 Million Softbank-led Funding
Zeta, a startup that helps banks and fintech firms launch products, now is the newest farm to join the coveted…
Strategic Influencer Marketing can Boost Your Business
Influencer marketing is now an established buzz term that is basically another form of online marketing. It can create brand…
EWU Hult Prize 2021 On Campus Grooming Sessions Held
After registrations ceased on the 21st of December 2020, a total of 11 enthusiastic and determined teams moved on to…
3rd Asia Pacific Forum on Youth Leadership, Innovation and Entrepreneurship 2020
In today’s world, youth leadership programs have gained massive response and significance. The youth of today are better interconnected, creative,…
Startup Chattogram Incubation Opening Ceremony Has Happened
The Startup Chattogram Incubation opening ceremony has happened. In recent years, the ICT Division of Bangladesh has started taking initiatives…